The G7th Performance Capo is a completely new approach to capo design. Using a patented wrap-spring clutch mechanism, it has none of the disadvantages of conventional capos, but instead offers enhanced performance and is simple to use. Not only that, it looks and feels great!
Designer Nick Campling explains…
“I’ve struggled to find a capo I can live with for the best part of 30 years. They all either pulled my guitar out of tune, were fiddly to adjust, or they got in the way of my hand. Some just didn’t work! The G7th Performance Capo is a result of combining my product design skills with my needs as a guitarist.”
The capo is a constant source of frustration to guitarists.
- They can be awkward to use.
- They can pull your guitar out of tune.
- They can interfere with the players hand.
Most guitar capos fall into 2 categories.
- Non-Adjustable. These capos usually work using a strong spring. They are simple and quick to use, but the spring tension cannot be adjusted, so they exert a different tension on each fret, and often cause tuning problems. They can also require a lot of strength to use!
- Adjustable. A good adjustable capo is less likely to cause tuning problems. However, many are awkward or fiddly to use. Some have only stepped adjustment which is too crude. Others have awkward shapes which interfere with the player’s hand.
The G7th capo’s new patented clutch mechanism has none of the problems of existing capos, but all of the benefits!
“This will probably revolutionise the way we think about capos – a no hassle solution for guitarists.”
Guitarist Magazine Gold Award, November ’03
Drop by The Guitar World to check out this and many of our other guitar accessories.